As shown in the figure, the Polar TEP platform will include:
- Data as a Service (DaaS) – On-demand data sharing through discovery, access, and transportation. Data sets will cover earth observation, air-borne and in-situ sensors, as well as other socio-economic data. The emergence of service-oriented architecture has rendered the actual platform on which the data resides irrelevant.
- Information as a Service (InaaS) – The ability to provide standardized and secure methods to create, manage, exchange, and extract meaningful information from all available data in the right format at the right time.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – Delivery and management of applications and tools by PSEP or its users that are used remotely on the platform. Provides users with the capability to deploy user-created or acquired applications.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – The provision of computing resources, complemented by storage and networking capabilities, as shared resources, scalable on-demand, and enabling cost efficiencies.
- Community as a Service (CaaS) – Collaborative tools for users to publish, share and discuss their results, information, data and software/code on the platform. Social networking makes a new level of online collaboration among communities of practice possible.